Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) advises on the reported product issues or desired functionality, providing solutions to customers. Experienced TSEs with expertise in video ecosystems will also be responsible for systems analysis, health checks, optimization and general video workflow consulting involving hardware and/or software. The TSE will also collaborate with other TSEs, Customer Success Managers, Sales Engineering, and Product Management, to advocate for Haivision’s customer’s workflows and ecosystems.
Only candidates with a solid working knowledge of Linux and experience with LAN/WAN video distribution technologies, IP video systems expertise, internet infrastructure, network expertise, and troubleshooting will be considered. This position may require participation in rotational, on-call or after-hours shifts (compensated).
- Act as first response to incoming calls, chats, web-based and/or email generated tickets.
- Advise on customer reported product issues or desired functionality and provide solutions.
- Gather initial info such as customer use case, software versions, logs, network topology, etc. to properly triage and expedite resolving the customer case.
- Ensure customer reported issues are resolved in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more expertise.
- Diagnose, update, and fix customer issues remotely via SSH, RDP, or other remote access protocols, along with providing phone, email support and guidance.
- Reproduce reported customer issues, mimic customer environments, perform stability and bug testing, etc.
- Assist with the configuration, maintenance, and administration of the Technical Support team’s lab environments.
- Provide guidance to customers through corrective steps by identifying proper configurations, SW/FW versioning, and researching reported issues.
- Document all interactions with customers in Salesforce Service Cloud to maintain accurate case and customer information.
- Create internal and external knowledge base articles based on case resolution.
- Complete other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience.
- A proven history of directly supporting customer relationships in technical applications, is required. A background in Technical Support, Customer Success Management or Sales Engineering is preferred.
- Linux CLI administration, networking administration principles and practices are absolute musts, or knowledge of UNIX in lieu.
- Hands-on expertise with UDP, TCP, RTP and other video protocols.
- Good understanding of Real-time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG2-TS, RTMP, HLS and HDS, and Session protocols such as SIP and STSP.
- Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies like MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264 and HEVC.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in other languages is considered a definite asset.
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Strong trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Experience using various network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Traceroute, Netstat, Nslookup, etc.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to change and openness to learn new skills as required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.